The owners of this property fell in love with the beautiful established garden and charming two bedroom historic cottage.
Unfortunately a previously added rear extension was not structurally sound and required a complete rebuild. This was a great opportunity to improve the way the extension integrated with the rest of the cottage’s aesthetic, as well as it’s layout.
The gable roof and weatherboards of the original dwelling were echoed to provide a completely integrated result. Existing timber joinery was repaired and reused and a beautiful matai floor hidden beneath carpet was restored to its former glory. A modern minimalist kitchen and bathroom were designed and crafted, with large skylights to provide natural light. Relining and insulating the existing areas completed the transformation into a light, bright, small but perfectly-formed space.
“We are absolutely delighted with the outcome of the project and the way the spirit of the cottage has been preserved. For us, significant aspects of the project were:
- The ideas you developed, the vision you shared with us and the design services were excellent.
- Your ability to take our changes over the phone or by email and convert these into revised plans or drawings, turned around in a matter of minutes for us to consult on.
- The care and attention your construction team did to remove, restore and reuse components of the old cottage.
- The detail of the individual costs on all the invoices and statements made tracking project costs simple and straightforward. More importantly your costings were consistently accurate, what you said it would cost is what it cost.
- Your patience, professionalism and understanding of every aspect of the build process. The high quality workmanship evident in every aspect of the project, in particular the joinery in the kitchen.
- Your total management of the project which left us largely worry and hassle-free from one week to the next, during the duration of the project.
We have no hesitation in recommending Mackit to anyone and have every confidence in you as we look forward to the next project.”